- Act Profile:
music started for me when i left school at 14 and i found myself in hostel in kingston cos no other school would have me every student was homeless and /or a recovering addict shunned from society and i related with them cos that felt like me i learnt about shakespeare and chemistry and they took time out to teach me and taught me how to play the saxophone so i could make my own money ...
james Craise up close
There are no gigs currently scheduled
music started for me when i left school at 14 and i found myself in hostel in kingston cos no other school would have me every student was homeless and /or a recovering addict shunned from society and i related with them cos that felt like me i learnt about shakespeare and chemistry and they took time out to teach me and taught me how to play the saxophone so i could make my own money i soon left home and joined a band, lived out the back of a van and toured the country everyweek was a party and everyday was an escape living in east london i spent everything getting wasted and had to get help quick before it was too late i came back home cos my mum got sick and i started writing my own songs just to help me get through it singing gospel and the blues is my saving grace so ive given you my diary none of the story or names have been changed i am james craise
James Craise is a British-born singer/songwriter who sits firmly in the ‘one to watch’ pile. With interest from several industry heavyweight managers and all the major publishing houses, Music started for James when he left school at 14 and learned to play the saxophone. He joined a band, lived out of the back of a van and toured the country. The days of endless partying and James headed home to his mum where he started writing his own songs and singing gospel and blues. James’ beautiful soulful voice and heartfelt performances are sure to penetrate your soul.
Q. How did you first get into playing music?
i was 14 and got kicked out of school and ended up at a youth charity that also helped recovering drug addicts and the homeless. one of the guys there that was homeless taught me how to play saxophone and it all spiralled from there
Q. How long have you been performing?
since i was 16
Q. How would you describe your sound in one sentence?
Q. What makes your music unique?
its all from me my thoughts and experiances
Q. What inspires you to write songs?
the things in life i dont really know how to deal with
Q. What have been your best and worst gig experiences?
best: playing one of my own songs and having people sing it back to me
Q. If you had to listen to one album for the rest of your life what would it be?
johnny cash - american V
Q. What do you get up to when you’re not making music?
Q. What are your goals at the moment?
finnish my album and tour
Q. What have you been working on lately? Any new tracks or gigs lined up?
just started working on my album with balistiq beats and writing with guy chambers
Q. What do you think of Unsigned Band Review?
Q. What is the name of the last track that you wrote and what is it about?
life support - i wrote it when my uncle was dying of cancer
Q. What was the music scene like where you grew up?
there was a massive punk scene and d.i.y attitude to music and labels its was great
- Lucy Sanderson Following 125 others
- Simon Li Following 81 others
- Kat Jackman Following 61 others
- Jamie Hooke Following 52 others
- sue sanderson Following 51 others
- Lu S Following 37 others
- Lu S Following 35 others
- Vicki Blight Following 33 others
- Dave Sanderson Following 27 others
- Susan Snell Following 19 others
- jack sanderson Following 18 others
- M Smith Following 16 others
- Emma Rigby Following 13 others
- Bex Riley Following 13 others
- Anne Hooke Following 12 others
- Anishka Sharma Following 11 others
- Jason Rungapadiachy Following 10 others
- Peter Cameron Following 6 others
- Lucy S Following 5 others
- Ashley Stevenson Following 3 others
- Rich Clayton Following 3 others
- Anthony Harcup Following 2 others
- Shock! Radio Following 1 others
- Chrystal Lecointe Following 1 others
- Steve Proud Following 0 others
- luke smith Following 0 others
- Roger Goodgroves Following 0 others
- oliver winterborne Following 0 others
- Zee Lee Following 0 others
- nadia sohawon Following 0 others
- Helen Craise Following 0 others
- Heidi McInally-Henry Following 0 others
- Yvonne Mcinally Following 0 others
- Sacha Craise Following 0 others
- Rebecca Fischesser Following 0 others
- Tim Gardner Following 0 others
- johnny mason Following 0 others
- luke bassett Following 0 others
- m space Following 0 others
- william mcinally Following 0 others
- Gemma Skeet Following 0 others
- Reuben Hurst Following 0 others
- t su Following 0 others
- Scott McFee Following 0 others
- Joe Wilson Following 0 others
- Jemma Jem Following 0 others
- Rokhsan Heydari Following 0 others
- Janni Jackman Following 0 others
- Nick Dower Following 0 others
- Roland Combs Following 0 others
- Jan Jackman Following 0 others
- Julianne Obrien Following 0 others
- Janice Combs Following 0 others
- Laura Harcupi Following 0 others
- Katy Stephens Following 0 others
- Rai Osuji Following 0 others
- Dana Hurley Following 0 others
- Sonia Smith Following 0 others
- HELENA HURLEY Following 0 others