- Act Profile:
Annaca and her band are Brighton based. The band includes Annaca (lead vocals) Ben (Drums, Backing Vox) Harrison (Guitar & Backing Vox) and Leo (Bass, Keys & Backing Vox) The music has a carnival-esque, jazzy feel to it. The songs are very dramatic and theatrical. Annaca's deep, soulful vocal gives the music a rustic tone. The vocal melodies and harmonies play a key role in emphasising the evocati...
Annaca up close
There are no gigs currently scheduled
Annaca Spring Showcase
Annaca Spring Showcase
Annaca and her band are Brighton based. The band includes Annaca (lead vocals) Ben (Drums, Backing Vox) Harrison (Guitar & Backing Vox) and Leo (Bass, Keys & Backing Vox) The music has a carnival-esque, jazzy feel to it. The songs are very dramatic and theatrical. Annaca's deep, soulful vocal gives the music a rustic tone. The vocal melodies and harmonies play a key role in emphasising the evocative and captivating nature of the music.
Annaca and the band have been very busy over the past year, spreading the word of Annaca in Brighton and surrounding areas, not to mention performing at Britain’s biggest event in decades; The 2012 Olympics on the Emerging Icons stage. Annaca and her band have many other exciting adventures to come including the release of their song 'Delilah' on the 'Emerging Icons In The Park' album in October. Over the past few months Annaca herself has been hard working on songs for her debut album, collaborating with Jim Lowe (Stereophonics) so keep a look out for up and coming releases.
Q. How did you first get into playing music?
A toy piano I got for Christmas when I was three was my first musical endeavour.
Q. How long have you been performing?
Q. How would you describe your sound in one sentence?
The sound is dramatic, jazzy and has a carnival-esque fun quality about it, drenched in a whole load of soul.
Q. What makes your music unique?
The vocal melodies and harmonies play a key role in emphasising the evocative and captivating unique nature of the music.
Q. What inspires you to write songs?
Q. What have been your best and worst gig experiences?
Best gig experience was playing at The Olympic Park on the Emerging Icons stage. Worst, I wouldn't say the worst but the most random was playing before a modelling dog show, barking dogs throughout your set is the strangest thing.
Q. If you had to listen to one album for the rest of your life what would it be?
Cat Power- You Are Free
Q. What do you get up to when you’re not making music?
I think about making music.
Q. What are your goals at the moment?
Between now and the end of 2012 I want to record with the band, we've reached a stage of content with our sound so we're ready to get it downnnn!
Q. What have you been working on lately? Any new tracks or gigs lined up?
I've been working on a track called 'Fun.' I have a show with the boys on the 1st of November at the 12Bar Club in London, we'll be playing the new song.
Q. What do you think of Unsigned Band Review?
AMAZING for unsigned artist! I advise all my musician friends to join.
Q. What is the name of the last track that you wrote and what is it about?
The last track I wrote was called 'Bang Bang' and it's a story about a love affair that becomes too intense it goes completely wrong.
Q. What was the music scene like where you grew up?
Great! We had a really good local venue, the Tunbridge Wells Forum which I guess inspired a load of youngens to want to pick up an instrument and join a band so that they can perform at the Forum.
- Pete Donaldson Following 109 others
- Simon Li Following 81 others
- Kat Jackman Following 61 others
- Vicki Blight Following 33 others
- Annie Christensen Following 12 others
- Stuart Toller Following 11 others
- Martin Iles Following 6 others
- Bailrigg FM Following 5 others
- Tony Coombs Following 5 others
- Dan O'Connell Following 2 others
- Bob Hurst Following 2 others
- Kat Jackman Following 2 others
- sarah bowman Following 2 others
- Bríd Gallagher Following 1 others
- Tim Humphries Following 1 others
- Leo Humphries Following 1 others
- Jean le Clus Following 1 others
- Philippa Moyle Following 1 others
- Emma Gould Following 1 others
- Jimmy Sharklasers Following 0 others
- ibgnhey nanana Following 0 others
- Rchard Bounds Following 0 others
- Sophie Peppitt Following 0 others
- George Bashi Following 0 others
- Sheila Atim Following 0 others
- kieran mullen Following 0 others
- Vicky Bellman Following 0 others
- zoe clare Following 0 others
- David Little Following 0 others
- hazel sobell Following 0 others
- Chloe Reynolds Following 0 others
- Emma De Tommaso Following 0 others
- Simon Kumar Following 0 others
- Sue Steward Following 0 others
- Andrew Close Following 0 others
- Andy Davis Following 0 others
- Lizzy Spenceley Following 0 others
- russ saunders Following 0 others
- libby morris Following 0 others
- Thom Espach Following 0 others
- carmel Reeves Following 0 others
- Louise-Amelia Tolton Following 0 others
- Victoria Liscombe Following 0 others
- Harriet Martin Following 0 others
- Sarah Crosbie-Smtih Following 0 others
- Joha Espach Following 0 others
- pascal colman Following 0 others
- Anel Human Following 0 others
- claire stott Following 0 others
- Jeremy Cave Following 0 others
- Chloe Jones Following 0 others
- Jordanne Reville Following 0 others
- Fergus Chalmers Following 0 others
- Hannah Crump Following 0 others
- Kay Hazelden Following 0 others
- George Wilson Following 0 others